Sunday, December 11, 2005

A poem on cricket...I remembered reading long ago...

I have been reading Sachin's exclusive interview on the Times of India and I am in dearth of words to say or write anything about the Little Master. Infact it makes me feel jittery to comment anything on my MOST FAVOURITE CRICKETER of all times. For those of you, who are hard core Sachin fans you could read the entire interview from the following link

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1327136.cms

Wow, 35 Test Hundreds!!! Thats really amazing ! Yes, there are chances that Hayden and Punter can break this record but Sachin would always be remembered for this marvellous feat especially at a time when the Indian team needs a great morale boosting...

I remember reading a poem when I was eleven or twelve years old in the Young World, the supplement of The Hindu. Young World was then in its inception stages and a kid of 12 years had written a classic poem on Indian Cricketers.

I read the poem quite a number of times and kept the copy of that particular Young World for many years. I vaguely remember the full poem but I am penning it down as far as I remember...It was about the Indian Cricketers of 1992 typically the time when Sachin was still in his teens and Azhar was the captain and Srikanth was still playing...

Azhar is the boss
Winner of the toss
Now suffers great loss
Inconsistency being the cause

Srikanth is the best
Followed by the rest
But Ravi is a pest
Sometimes for the rest

Next comes the teenage thunder
Who makes everyone wonder
For he commits no blunder
And he is Sachin Tendulkar

Next comes with the guy with 400 wickets
Kapil the great in Indian Cricket
Oh I wish, I get a ticket
To get him see another wicket

Next comes Srinath
Who went to Sarnath
He asked God for a boon
And God gave him David Boon

Raju is a winner
One among the spinners
But he is thin
For he does not have his dinner...


etc etc

Cool poem, isn't it? My friends and I used to recite this poem while watching matches way back in 1992. Hats off to the kid who wrote this...

Happy time reading

Anusha

4 Comments:

Blogger Boopathy Srinivasan said...

nalla memory..
chinna vayasula niraya memory plus saapita pola irukku..

December 14, 2005 5:51 AM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

Appadee nnu dhaan vechukoyen. Btw Memory Plus tablets were not there while we were in school.

December 14, 2005 2:32 PM  
Blogger Boopathy Srinivasan said...

appaada.. u have finally replied to my comments..
ivlo naal enna comment viradhamaa ?..
b/w nall post panra..
keep posting..

December 14, 2005 10:24 PM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

Jap, good luck on your blog and here you go - couple of old dabblings of mine:)

December 16, 2005 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?