Thursday, May 11, 2006

Peter Colt to Silas...Paul Bettany!!!


I had become a fan of Paul Bettany thanks to "Wimbledon" movie. I liked his looks, dialogue delivery, cute smile, good acting, inshort everything about him. I have not seen any other movie of his but am keeping fingers crossed to see him in "The Da Vinci Code". But I am so damn upset that he is doing the role of Silas. Hmm...though Bettany gonna play the second most important character(Silas)(the most important character of the movie is Robert Langdon played by my fav actor Tom Hanks), and am sure that he would give a class act, its just that I dont want to see him die in that movie...Unfortunately thats what the script/story demands...Sigh!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

yeah, Silas is a powerful character too..... in essence u can say he is the villain actually coz he is the one who comes in direct interaction n duels with Langdon!!

May 11, 2006 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well silas isn't all that bad. You feel quite sorry for him at the end isn't it?? Paul Bettany is rather sweet :)

May 11, 2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

When I read Da Vinci Code, I picturised Richard Gere as Robert Langdon. Tom Hanks is close but I hate that dumb wig he is wearing.

May 17, 2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

silas was a good choice for the role. he fit in perfectly. i felt george clooney would have made a good robert langdon. they cud have got someone better for sophie.

May 23, 2006 1:56 PM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

yep srinivas. he fit in the role to the T. I wrote it cos I like Paul Bettany so much and I did like to see him don the -ve role :)

u r right. Clooney would have done enuf justice to the role or even Gere would have been good as Deepa has said...the role needed someone young and vibrant! But Hanks is vying for the 3rd Oscar, so gotto give him credits !!!

May 23, 2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

well, Ron Howard's original choice was Bill Paxton..... n he has considered many more ppl n finally settled with Tom Hanks :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/trivia

May 24, 2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the dumb wig of hanks is still better than the one that madhavan wore for RDB

June 05, 2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

srini,

dont say anything about maddy! :)
Btw was he wearing a wig in RDB?

June 05, 2006 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?