Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sensitive Me...



I have been feeling restless of late. Something has been seriously troubling me. Oflate I have become very sensitive to comments and criticism (not that I was not before). But earlier, I used to take them in my stride and laugh at those comments too if I had really been funny or stupid. I remember the discussion when couple of my friends at Dell were having about the then impending Good Friday. Without thinking twice and engrossed in sipping the juice, I asked what day of the coming week was Good Friday? Oh boy, how they mocked at me. After that incident, they used to call out to me as Ms Good Friday!

I have always been the one who have argued that joke/comments/constructive criticism should be taken in the right spirit and one should not feel offended by that (Since it came from one of the sensitive sillies in the group, my friends used to say its probably right). These days it has become an altogether different story. I feel that I have become too vulnerable to comments/criticism. While I was in India, I used to take the criticism at work from my team lead/manager, criticism from appa, comments from friends in my stride. Maybe now that I am far away from home and my mom that I sense a feeling of weakness within. Sigh!

6 Comments:

Blogger Butterflies said...

Hey cool yaar..It happens at times..but feeling bad will make us more weak..turn a deaf ear to such comments...Join out with them and LOL....KEEP COOL.

April 20, 2006 2:40 PM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

Thanks buddy :)

April 20, 2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

cute pic :)

April 20, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

And did you really ask "Which day is Good Friday?" :)

I think you are coming a close second to my friend' Question " Ennathu Pope'u christian-a?"

And disclaimer : dont take things seriously. India poitu vantha ellam sari aagidum.

April 21, 2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

Yep Prabhu. I was so preoccupied with something that I did not realise what I was talking :) Enna ottee thallitaanga :)

April 21, 2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

I cant go home now Prabhu. I got to wrap up this quarter of studies :(

Thanks anyway :)

April 21, 2006 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?