Thursday, September 14, 2006

How I got bored, got a book and blattered...

I am not a voracious reader like some of you out there...but I read books at my leisure to keep my head cool (which gets heated so often)and to learn to put an accent which comes handy when I get to meet rednecks and bookworms who spend lengthy hours going through dictionary to learn words and use them in their talk (Just kidding). I read everything from Ludlum to Archer, Grisham to Sidney, Dan Brown to Michael Cricton, Tharoor to Yann Martel, Harry Potter to Godfather, Chamapak to Tinkle, Archie to Chandamama, Enid Blyton to Jane Austen and many many more so its no big surprise that I read chick-lit novels too(I read them occasionally)...

In spite of being at the receiving end of frequent mockery sessions at home for reading chick-lit books and watching chick-lit movies, there's still this strong urge to read such novels and watch movies occasionally of this kind. So when "How Opal Metha got kissed, got wild and got a life!" was released in the book store, I looked forward to reading it on a first copy basis. Unfortunately the book was withdrawn from stores thanks to plagiarsing accusations. I found the book at few sites but the book was overpriced. Thanks to the dipping popularity of the book, the price went down and I got myself a copy at last...I finished devouring the same...

Its not a bad book...Its well written...But I felt it was just a run of the mill story...

For those of you who haven't read, do so at other's expense :)

7 Comments:

Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

sry.... english dont knw me!!

naan padikka vendiya syllabus book-e padichathu illa.... ennoda ilakkiya aarvam ellam kumutham, vikadan appdi mudinju pochu :-)

September 15, 2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger I said...

u kjnow this is the best post u ever written..

September 15, 2006 8:19 PM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

I,
Why? Just because I wrote "my head gets heated" and "I blattered"? :)

I write stuff which I like...I dont expect u to visit my blog and read the same...Anyways I dont write awkward cheap stuff like ...forget it...why mention it?

September 15, 2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger I said...

I meant it as a compliment. And pray tell me what cheap stuff?

September 15, 2006 11:07 PM  
Blogger The Kid said...

I could so read a run of the mill story right now... You see, I was into reading all the classics before I move any further... and it turns out to be such a bummer. For example, can you imagine this list of books in continous succession Midnight's children, catch 22, zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, ... It is benumbing especially catch-22.

So this book that you have suggested, it is like Harold Robbins or like Danielle Steel ? (If people have not read both these authors, I strongly suggest against.)

September 17, 2006 12:44 AM  
Blogger Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Hi 1st time here :)
U have a nice blog. .And why nt a book review after done with readin?

September 17, 2006 2:26 AM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

the kid,
Nope...its not like Harold Robbins/Danielle Steel...this novel is so damn indianised...The heroine Opal is portrayed as a Gujju but with some chennai roots so the author uses terms like "dosai", "rawsilk" which are very much our chennai makkal's lingo...

ponnarasi,
Welcome :) The book is not worth a review as the author seems to have plagiarised most of the text...When I read a good book, I shall def write a review :) keep visiting!

September 18, 2006 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?