Friday, December 16, 2005

A as in Alpha, N as in Nancy,...

...U, S as in Sam, H as in Harry, A as in Alpha...

Sounds bizarre, isn't it?

I am sure you would have found out that I am just trying to spell mon nomme (my name). Sigh!! This is what Sarathy and I seem to be doing while booking doctor appointments, getting insurance for me. Reason? The American dudes here find that my name is lengthy. Imagine what would have happened if I had told them my full name when asked for my name? They would have died of shock I guess.

Sarathy is called Partha here by his company folks and friends and he spells his name everytime too like P as in Paul, A as in Alpha, R as in Robert, T as in Tom, H as in Harry, A as in Alpha.

Since we both share the same surnames (Our Last Names are same), we save the trouble of spelling "RAJAGOPALAN" only once and when asked for the other's Last Name we say its the same as the Last Name of the first one :)

I used to have the habit of spelling my name way back in India. When someone used to ask me my name I used to say "Anusha, A N U S H A". My mom noticed me doing this couple of times and asked me why I was doing that. I remember her mocking at me once "You are not in kindergarten school anymore, so you need not spell your name!"
I used to spell my name in India as couple of the folks who had problems with pronouncing "H", "SH" used to call me Anasuya...No offense to the revered sage's wife Anasuya but I did not like the sound of it hence I developed this name defense mechanism and used to spell my name whenever asked for my name.

I guess that has helped me a lot after coming here.
"Naan ellunna ennaiyya nikkaren" Hee ! Hee !!

1 Comments:

Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Ok imagine this.
My friends name is K.S. Raghavassimhan. when expanded
Komboor Soundararajan Raghavassimhan.
Yosichhu paar. Avan vazhkaiye veruthutaan by the time he got his landline with AT&T.

December 17, 2005 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?