Friday, December 16, 2005

Superstitions have not spared God either...

This is an old post of mine written a year back.

What a Pity ! Supersititions have not spared Gods either…

Hey folks! The above statements seem to be confusing…You might be wondering what this nerd's trying to say this time after writing something what she calls a poem on Success…http://thechennaichilly.blogspot.com/2005/11/poem-on-success.html Looks like this poor gal must be a highly confused soul…I am folks…:-( Getting confused seems to be latest activity I seem to be indulgent in….:p

I guess the train has derailed from the track as usual…Sigh :-( "You are always like this girlie…when will you change?" Sorry folks, that was my conscience talking to me …

I had been thinking of writing this since last week…found the time atlast thanks to the Test Team who did not assign me enough defects to fix :p ;) God save me from my mom…I am sure when she reads this, she will drive the daylights out of me…:-(

Okies…Lemme not beat around the bush and come to the point…

I have a KRISHNA statue at home( Folks!!! Does the mere mention of the word KRISHNA ring a bell in your ears??? ;)…:p I am sure it would…but I am talking about the lord this time and not my innumerable friends whose "Le Nom" (that stands for "The Name" in French) happens to be Krishna…I don’t know how my school gang would react on reading this…they have been having their share of fun (mocking at me) ever since my 9th std when the Geography Teacher started with some Dam Projects on the Krishna River…THAT WAS IT!!! The nerds (Trust me!…my class was full of them - including me…:p) started teasing me royally cos of this name and I ran out of the classroom dropping the books in hand…)

"What the hell?? Why don’t you come to the point???" Well, this is my conscience again...

Well, the thing is this krishna had a flute in hand. And for a long time my parents had been asking me to give away this statue to some temple…Since they belong to the Gen X-1

if (we belong to GenX) then
they belong to Gen X-1 right? :p)
endif

they believe in the superstition that one should not have a krishna playing a flute, a dancing nataraja, and a gita upadesh statue/poster at home cos they claim that its not good for the family…blah…blah…




With tears in my eyes, I gave the Krishna idol to a Jeweller and got another Krishna idol in exchange…this time I bought a Child Krishna with butter in hand…
My mom was happy and so was my dad…I was alone feeling bad…I felt as if I left a poor child alone somewhere…

That guilt persists even today…:-(

I was very upset with this incident and something struck me suddenly that Superstitions have not spared God either!

Krishna Avatar has been considered as the best avatar of Lord Vishnu because it is in this avatar he recited the Bhavagad Gita and numerous other principles…Yet most of the superstitious lot don’t even give him the privilege of residing in their homes with a flute in hand :-(( what a pity…

Going by the same reasoning, what could go wrong if we have the statue of Lord Shiva in his dance posture at home??? Afterall the name "Nataraja" means "King of Dance" and also his dance posture symbolises thandava (a mudra of dance)…




We tend to get superstitious with almost every thing be it a black cat crossing our way, or the whine of a dog…We think twice before wearing a black clothing…
Don’t you agree with me, folks???

Lets shun superstition and start being "superstitious about superstition"!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?