Friday, February 17, 2006

Are we secular mindwise??? Nah...

I was reading rediff's article on the controversial movie star Salman Khan being sentenced to jail for a year. Hmm...law after all takes on its tolls...I was just about to move to the next article when one of the reader's comments caught my eye

"Sub: Salman is targeted becoz he is muslim

I dont know why muslims are treated like this in INDIA, I dont understand why people are so jealous with Salman, Out of all the ...

Posted by hidayat"

I was just pissed off with this reader's comments...What has being a Muslim/Hindu/Christian got to do with Imprisonment? :(

Well, one could defend this statement by saying that one has the freedom of thoughts,expression, speech etc in India ! What use is this freedom when it is used for making wrong assumptions and making false accusations? Why dont the nincompoops understand that LAW IS ABOVE ALL THIS ! Ofcourse one needs to wonder what happened to the others involved in controversy like another bollywood actor (or actress according to my fellow bloggers like BT and Suman:)...)? Why were they acquitted in the first place? Is it because of political contacts or something?? I am not saying that LAW is JUST in our country ! Just think the irony of this - LAW is supposed to be JUST and EQUAL for everyone unfortunately it is screwed up so much that we can say that the legal body in our country has been sold long back to the monsters in the name of politicians and big-wigs of society...

Come on folks, how long are we going to blame each other by saying that HE/SHE is deprived of something because he/she is a MUSLIM or HINDU...I just want to ask all those out there...Dont we have friends from different part of India/World? Would we dare comment like this in a heterogeneous group? Shame on US !!!

I was just happy few days back after watching Rang De Basanti (RDB) as I thought that a GENERATION has INDEED AWAKENED ! How wrong I was...:(

I guess I just assumed and made an ass of myself :(

I guess we were just RDBied for sometime and forgot about it after a day or two...There's a saying in tamil "Kudeegaaran pechu viduncha pochu..." (A drunken man forgets what he spoke the next morning)...

Ofcourse few in the blogging circle might wonder why I am making a big fuss out of it or being touchy but I just dont care...I just penned what I felt !

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its quite ridiculous to say that a person punished for a crime bcos he is a muslim.. the fact that someone else was wrongly acquitted due to a fault in the system or whatever cannot be used as a justification.. if "sallu" is innocent he has recourse..

jb

February 21, 2006 2:56 AM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

True. Azhar started this trend when he was banned from playing cricket. A die-hard Azhar fan lost all respect for him that day. (And thats me BTW):-)

February 24, 2006 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?