Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I cant burn the midnight oil...



After sweating out 3 years at Dell Inc., I decided to get back to academics, i.e pursue my post graduation. A BS in CS and a subsequent 3 year stint in SW got me bored with SW and I decided to pursue a new field, a new career...When I had deferred my MS admits way back in 2002 because US was just out of a recession and it was tuff getting assistantship in US univs, lot of folks advised me that I should not have deferred my admits and should take up MS soon incase I intend to do it as its tuff to get back to study mode after working...I did not take their words seriously...Hmm...How right were they!

Though I have almost completed 50% of my Personal Financial planning programme and still have just half the sea to cross, I am feeling just exhausted and tired with class, assignments, blah blah...I think of all the good days I had while working...Hmm...keeping my fingers crossed for March 07 to come as I would graduate by then...But I am sure my anticipated happiness is short lived as I need to give my CFP/CFA a shot next year...Uff...to hell with acads!

Some of my friends who have completed their MS and been working for a year or two are now giving thoughts about pursuing their MBA...I guess everyone wants a Management Degree to be listed in their resume...Yeah yeah...just like me...but I would never dream of doing 2 Post-Graduations in my life...I just wont have the stamina or mindset for that...I just cant burn the midnight oil AGAIN nor can give up my sleep for extra CREDIT!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger D LordLabak said...

hang in there...bet you've heard this a million times before.

August 09, 2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

well, I am thinkin on those lines too :-) now, u scare me!!

August 09, 2006 4:02 PM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

Deepa,
Thanks :)

Kutti
Come on...I dont wanna scare u...Go ahead with ur MBA plans...its just that i am a lazy person :p

August 09, 2006 5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burn the midnight beer.

August 10, 2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 10, 2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger The Inquisitive Akka said...

All the very very best! Btw you have been linked :)

August 18, 2006 3:59 AM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

IA,

Thanks :)

August 18, 2006 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?