Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Pallavi, Anupallavi and Charanam...

I have been listening to some new tamil songs lately. Few of them are really good like "Chithiraiyil Yenna Varum", "Atrai Thingal" from Sivappadhigaram, "Paartha Mudhal Naale", "Karka Karka", "Vennilave" from VV, "Yedho Ninaikkiren" from Thalainagaram. I think thanks to new lyricists on the block like Thamarai(kudos to her for Vaseegara), Na Muthukumar, Pa Vijay, things are really good on the song scene these days. Ofcourse Vairamuthu and Vaali churn out good numbers time to time...

Generally all these songs have a pallavi and 2 charanams. I wondered whether they compose songs with a pallavi, anupallavi and a charanam these days. Then I wondered whether there were a handful in the past few years...

All I could think of is just this number - "Kanmani Anbodu Kaathalan" from Guna...though the charanam rhymes similar to that of the pallavi stanza.

If you could think of other famous songs with a pallavi, anupallavi and charanam, please post them in the comments section :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger D LordLabak said...

I've been coming back so many times to see if anyone has thought of any song like that. Why does my memory fail when times like these?:-)

January 16, 2007 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?