Friday, December 22, 2006

Borrowing Woes...

I just hate it when somebody borrows something from me and fails to return it. This has happened many times. My friend's bro borrowed my World Fusion Music Collection CDs and never returned them. Another friend borrowed money and promised to return it within a certain time and when the time came, he cooked excuses and said he did not have a penny then while he had lumpsomes to invest in land.

Adding to these woes is an ex colleague or specimen. This guy borrowed my final semester project book from me promising to return after preparing for an interview. He was kicked out of Dell Inc for not performing well and so I lost touch with him. He was doing his parttime MBA at IIM B and whenever I used to ask him about his returning the book, he would give me excuses that he is busy over weekdays with boozing, and flirting and busy over weekends with IIM classes.

Its been 2 years since he got the book from me or should I say STOLE the book from me. I found him in Orkut and reminded him about the same. You know what he did? He deleted my scraps. Hmm...I sent him a mail asking him for it and bugger has blocked all emails to his ID!

What do I do now? Though I can make a copy of it from my projectmate in college, I ponder as to where do things like Ethics, Sense of Obligation stand in such people's life? Have those taken a beating and money and position have taken a priority?What use is education to them? Why cant they return stuff which does not belong to them in the first place?

I hope Nitin Sharma(Yep, he is a Punjabi Da Puttar) gets his due from someone and somebody steals his PF account money :)This specimen is a Punjab University and IIM B passout and works for a MNC as a Manager. I just pity his team members. God knows whether he disburses the bonus money to them properly?


Uff...

5 Comments:

Blogger Meena Venkataraman said...

:)..know what u should do..u should scare him into returning it ..:)

December 22, 2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger januM said...

put a case in consumer court! sue him severely :p

December 26, 2006 4:42 AM  
Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

this is so not Gandhigiri!! watch Lage Raho Munnabhai n u will find answers :-)

December 27, 2006 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he should read this post....a better punishment.;-)

December 28, 2006 7:45 AM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

Meena,
Good suggestion! But how to scare a guy who has blocked all emails?

janum,
Thanks for the idea but its not worth it :)

kutti,
Yeah yeah Munna will talk about Gandhigiri but will do Gandhagiri outside like possessing a AK rifle etc...

Anonymous,
I just hope he reads this :)

January 02, 2007 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?