Monday, November 28, 2005

An old post...Our Little Goddess's Wedding...

Well, well...I should say that I have never had such an eventful trip like the one I had on way to Pollachi to attend Dhivi's marriage. As usual this geek had to work on Sept 15th and rush to the Airport to catch the 2.30 flight to "namma ooru" viz coimbatore...Since it was my first flight I was kinda excited as well as scared as to whether the flight travel would be safe for me as you all know that I cant just sit in one place - and that too sitting with your seat belts strapped on you?? NO WAY !!! I made one last earnest attempt to be a Bangy Gal (Well folks...I am not yet one - just trying to be one)viz I made a foolish move before boarding the flight...I had "Devil's Own" at Coffee Day...

You must be wondering what is this "Devil's Own" that this she-devil is talking about?? Has she correctly typed ? Is it "Anusha's Own" by any chance...Well, well...I know I know...I am a celebrity but I have not yet become one who can endorse coffee brands :p Shan would know what I am talking about...Its a yummy cold coffee (something close to a cafe frappe)with whipped vanilla cream on top...Poor Sarathy, I am sure he has lost all hopes that I would slim down before the D-Day :p :) I boarded the flight to find 2 angelic air hostesses...I guess tis the reason people prefer to flight by Jet-Airways in the domestic arena...I asked her for some lemon and the poor gal was really perplexed...She managed to gimme 2 ice cubes with lemon...the flight took off and so did I - I drifted to the magic world of FLYING…

I had read "Johnathan Livingston Seagull" few days back and so I had this wild imagination that I have become a seagull and am flying...:p As I crossed the clouds, I thought of a poem on clouds...It was a pity that I did not have any scribe then else the auto pilot in me would have come up with a poem on "Clouds". The flight landed at "cbe" 15 mins late thanks to the heavy downpour at cbe...Dhivi's neighbour was waiting at the Peelamedu Airport to pick me up...As I crossed Peelamedu specifically Avinashi Road...my memories 2 yrs back...PSG Tech is very much the same...You still have Boomerang, Caramel...I found a new restaurant called "Vishwa" just opp "Tech Pullaiyaar" temple. I was in almost close tears when I saw a group of gals walking on Avinashi Road- just the way we used to head for hostel/college...hmm...life has really moved on...no wonder one wise philosopher said "Change is the only constant in life..." I believe this philosopher was my next door neighbour :p

I reached Dhivi's place to find "bommi kutty"(that’s how Pandu Uncle calls her ) getting dressed for the "Nichaiyadhartham" which happens on the day before marriage...She was looking like a little goddess...no second thoughts on that...:) I met her dad, mom, nithya, her uncle, mohana aunty, and her cousins...and lot many people...So I joined the small bandwagon, got dressed and we proceeded to the "mantap"...If Sarathy reads this he would def correct me "Mantapam, Anu...not Mantap" :p

Well the function was really simple and good...If Gayu was there with me , she would have seconded the fact it was not at all as complicated/elaborated as our Iyengar/Iyer marriage...The "hunk" atlast arrived with a typical "ramp" kinda walk...Since Dhivi was denied the privilege of watching her HERO walking like that on the way to the dias, Nithya and I decided to give a "running" commentary on our Hero's entry, his mannerisms etc...Veeru- I am sure Dhivi would kill me for calling her "heartthrob" like that...okies...her hero was very casual and one look at him and you would guess - he is a chatter box...:) then a seperate function was organised for Dhivi and her Hero and it was time for the photo session...Well it was a seperate photo session as the close people wanted it that way :) Nithya and I helped Dhivi pose for snaps...and the photographer clicked ON, ON and ON....................I am sure if Stephen Leacock were there, he would have given this photographer 2 tight slaps :p

Dhivi looked like an angel that day and so we saw the snaps immed as it was a DIGI CAM...Infact Nithya and I took snaps with Dhivi and the photographer was like "Maam...please pose like this...please keep your chin up...please..." Anyways this was all done and all of us hit the BED at 12am...We woke up the next day with "mangala isai" - hey bun : Am I getting this tamil word right??/:P ;)After all you are the "Salem" gal and you would know better ! :p All of us got dressed and Dhivi was wearing a beautiful "Yellow pattu saree with Maroon border" and looked like a goddess again...Actually one look at her and she resembled "Sneha"...Sigh....Sigh...My hero likes "Sneha" and I wished I was like "Sneha" and not the "so-called-Jo" but my friend Anu consoled me with words like..."Illai Anush...Sarathy resembles Maddy and Jo-Maddy pair is good"...blah, blah..." JUST KIDDING gals :p ;) So the marriage went on well and Nithya and I stood close to Dhivi as the "mangalsootra" was tied by her "HERO"...

Veeru and Dhivi make a good pair in every sense...He talks a lot, she is quite...He has a composed smile, Dhivi smiles showing her teeth...these are my observations...All's well that end wells...I took leave from Dhivi to head back for cbe and to take the Inter-City to Bangalore...I stopped at Cbe Aryaas to have my lunch and became a lil nostalgic again...I headed for bangy and reached here over the night...and next day it was back to work, back to "Sarathy" :p ;)

As I was travelling back, I realised that all of us are such far apart...except for the occasional mails and phone conversations, it takes us months-years to meet each other...but I am sure that we would always be friends...

I composed this poem for my PSG Tech Girl friends (All of us had our classrooms in Y block)

Pursuing goals, realising dreams
All following different streams
Years ago, feathers of the same flock
And inhabitants of the 'Y' block!

As we settle down with our MEN
Lets not forget to PEN
where we are
And how we are!

All the best
Lets stay in touch with the rest!!!-

this is a small poem by me - composed in record time of 2 mins :)

Hey hey some SPICY news : I am sure Dhivi and Veeru would be right now on a honeymoon spree :p

Scene: Sept 16th, 11AM
Venue: One of the marriage halls of Pollachi

HERO : Hey sweetheart, where do you wanna go? Can we go on a CRUISE?
HEROINE: No honey…lets go to "God's Own Country"…Kerala…backwaters of kerala…

I leave this to you to guess where these young birds would have gone :)Drafted On: 20th

cheers
AnUsHa

Drafted on: September 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?