Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Happy Women's Day

I have been getting mails from friends in India about 'International Women's Day' since yesterday. Though it is really nice to dedicate a day to Women sometimes I wonder whether its necessary. Critics always condemn the celebration of 'Mother's Day', 'Father's Day', 'Women's Day' etc. I tend to agree with them but then why do we celebrate a 'politician's birthday' and 'film star's bday' with fanfare? If celebrating 'Women's Day' is absurd then celebrating a 'film star's birthday' is the height of ABSURDNESS. Is Rajinikanth a God to have his birthday celebrated by the common man in India? Sheer Madness...These crazy youths ignore their mother's contribution to their life but celebrate some third person's birthday, anniversary day etc...geeks...

Anyways, wishing a very Happy Women's Day to everyone...

I am celebrating the same this year with a toast to my favourite actress 'Reese Witherspoon' who has clinched the Oscar this year. Thank goodness, I would not be mocked for watching 'chick flicks' again :)

Three Cheers to my mom, sarathy's mom, my aunt, all my girl friends and ofcourse to Reese !!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A witherspoon fan! Yay!

March 09, 2006 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?