Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Netru guitar, indru keyboard, naalai ennavo?

It has always been my dream to learn a musical instrument. Violin remains my first and last choice. I had always believed that learning to play it was easy since I had an expertise of 6 years in Vocal Carnatic Music. Its just that I never got the time to actually put my dream into practice.

Since there's no one in my city who can teach me to play Indian Notes on a violin, I decided to dabble with Guitar which was lying around in the house. My husband had bought it years back to learn playing the same but it did not work out. Ofcourse he can still play it...

Just 2 months back I went and picked up a 'Kiddies - Guitar book' to rock and roll but I never crossed G-chord. Sigh!

Yesterday my hubby gifted me with a "Yamaha Digital Keyboard'(Its not exactly the one as in this pic). It was a birthday gift but bought and handed over before my B-day :) He hopes that I learn to play this...Poor fellow...still hoping :p

I can play the keyboard but mostly my carnatic notes...I can play till the varnam and not keerthanas or western numbers...

I manage to play "London Bridge", "Are you sleeping?", "Happy birthday..." and nothing more...Sigh! That reminds me, if any of you have a soft copy of keyboard notes of western songs, please send them to me...


Netru guitar, indru keyboard, naalai ennavo?

4 Comments:

Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

cool bday gift!! no one will gift me such stuff coz they wud knw for sure tat I wont use tat :-)

October 11, 2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger The Kid said...

hey... is it your birthday?

I wished you didnt I? whats going on?

October 11, 2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

kutti,
:) it was nice talking to you...thanks for your advanced wishes :)

the kid,
actually tom is my bday...

October 11, 2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

Haven't played my keyboard for a long long time. It was a b'day gift too! Will play it today since you remminded me of it. Hope you do play it more often than I do :)

October 14, 2006 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?