Monday, November 28, 2005

Kumbakonam Tragedy...(An old post of mine)

Kumbakonam Tragedy
Fire...Cause of the funeral pyre at Kumbakonam


All of you must be aware of the "Kumbakonam Tragedy". I was totally shattered when I saw the pictures of those children burnt alive in the fire in the papers...Infact "The Hindu" newspaper had a specific note from the Editorial Board apoligising for the gory pictures they had to publish :-(

People say that atleast some of those 94 kids could have escaped but looks like they all ran back to the classroom to collect their bags and waterbottles and other stuff...poor them...Its a pity that children in our country undergo all these hardships of carrying big bags to school, study under a thatched roof etc ...

This poem is an ode to all those 94 children burnt alive in the fire...The recitor of this poem is a small kid who is just six years old and who is a victim of the Tragedy...

I am just a child
Crying out wild
All I see is smoke
Next moment I seem to choke

I remember this morning
When the birds started chirping
A cuckoo hopped on to my door
While I lay tossing on the floor

Mom gave me a peck
While I clinged on to her neck
Dad was as usual cool
Patting my cheek, he said "its time for school"

I entered school
Looking sheepishly like a fool
Climbed the stairs to glory
The rest is a sad story

I see myself engulfed in flames
Who should I blame?
Everyone says "fire...fire..."
This looks like a funeral pyre

My friends say "we are dead"
While some have started to dread
They say we cant get back home
And we got to stay in this dome

An angel opens a door
And prostrates on the floor
Angel says " here comes the lord "
And we run towards the god...

Angels tell us we are in heaven
And this is the best haven
Bye-bye mom and dad
dont be sad

I am safe here
far from FIRE...

Lets pray to God that these children's soul should rest in peace

AnUsHa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?