Sunday, April 02, 2006

I am a celebrity...



I AM A CELEBRITY...

I want name, I want fame
I cant do without the same
I dont care much about shame
As I know its all a game

I get to attend umpteen parties
And try to show that I am very hearty
I get featured in every page three
With wine in hand to show my spirits are free

I endorse products for a price
Especially if it features me sweet and nice
I try to inaugurate every damn shop in the mall
Knowing people will catch a glimpse of me in the great hall

I make it a point to forget the appointment date
To ensure my delayed arrival makes the function start late
It gives me a chance to show I am under tension
So that it makes people give me a great deal of attention

I shy away from media saying I am in distress
While asking my friend to leak it to the press
I pretend to people that I dont like publicity
While I secretly desire to be forever a celebrity!


What inspired me to write the above poem:-

I am a big fan of the Harry Potter books. I am currently devouring the "The Half Blood Prince" - the sixth book in the series 1-7 and am eagerly awaiting the final and conclusive book which J K Rowling is currently working on. Though I had got the sixth book the week it got released, I postponed reading the same to the Spring Vacation thanks to some pre-course work and my Winter Quarter stint at UCLA.

I was very intrigued by one of the speeches made by one Gilderoy Lockhart (Harry Potter fans would know who he is)He was Harry, Ron and Hermione's Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher in their 2nd year at Hogwarts.

He used to say "A celebrity is what a celebrity does". I realised how true those words were. Unfortunately these days people are considered to be top notch celebrities only if they are seen to be flaunting at parties, giving press meet, drawing unnecessary media attention etc... Well, there are deserving and undeserving celebrities but I guess this world is a mix of good and evil and so our society has a mix of both kinds of celebrities.

PS: The above is still from the talk show "Kahani with Karan" oops "Koffee with Karan"

3 Comments:

Blogger Boopathy Srinivasan said...

sahi hai..

April 02, 2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger meghjanmi said...

celebrities r a different species altogether..and they have a set of rules as to how to dress,to talk and to be..they r just off the screw..wud be my guess!!
and btw..i love hp too..keep reading the books agn and agn and agn..

April 10, 2006 4:34 PM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

This guys looks achu asala like the Nag Ravi (Sneha fame)

April 21, 2006 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?