Tuesday, November 29, 2005

An evening life...

Have been trying to write all the stuff I promised to my friends but have been feeling too lazy to do that. I read a fwd today and a thought struck me - why not pen down a conversation which every gal must have had in her life with her she-friend (gal friend). I am sure most of you would have had such long talks, gone to movies with your she-friends.

Hope you like it.


An Evening Life

7.10 PM


Amrutha returned home from another hectic day at office. She was about to unlock the door when her roommate Shruthi opened it.

Amrutha: Hi, you are early today?
Shruthi: Yep.

Amurtha stepped in. She sniffed. The aroma of soup was in the air. She throws her bag and pullover near the couch and drops on the couch.

Amrutha (grunts) : I feel really tired today.
Shruthi: You want me to make you some tea or we could have soup?

Amrutha: Lets have soup. The aroma is making me hungry.
Shruthi: You freshen up. I will get that.

Shruthi goes to the kitchen.

Amrutha comes out of the bathroom with a towel in hand

Wiping her face she looks at the clock.

It was 7.25 PM.
Amrutha enters the kitchen to find Shruthi searching for something

Amrutha: What are you looking for?
Shruthi: Spoons.

Amrutha: When did you come home?
Shruthi: An hour ago. That bonehead left office early so we guys left office soon after that.

Amrutha (laughs): Bonehead? Whom are you talking about?
Shruthi : Deepak. Deepak Vishwanathan.

Amrutha (giggles): Doesn't it sound like Bond, James Bond?
Shruthi (laughs): Yes, it does and thats how he introduces himself in client meetings. Ramya and I were making fun of him the other day before a meeting. Ramya was like "Here comes Ashok...Ashok Vishwanathan"
(for those of you who did not understand this, you need to watch Agni Natchathiram)

Both the gals settle in the living room on the couch with soup bowls in hand.They get busy drinking the soup.

Amrutha: You wanna go out somewhere?
Shruthi: Yep, we can go. Besides I want to check whether the Laundry guy has finished ironing
my clothes.

Amrutha: I guess there are no vegetables at home too. I thought we could make some sambhar and potato curry. My colleague had cooked some potato curry at home. She got it for us but the nerds finished it soon leaving me with just 2 spoons of the curry.
Shruthi: Tell me about it! These guys do the same at my workplace. The other day a colleague got some gulab jamun. these guys pounced on it and hogged it leaving
me no piece.


Amrutha (smiles): Thats what we call hogging like a pig.

Both gals laugh as they lock the door and proceed to the street.

Shruthi: Should I take my bike? Or we walk down?
Amrutha: I guess we just walk down. Mall is just around the corner.

Both gals start walking...
Shruthi: Remember I was telling you about my neighbour in chennai? Geetha Aunty?
Amrutha: Yes, I remember you telling me about her. Whats up with her?

Shruthi (sighs): Well, she passed away yesterday. I had called up home today. Mom told me that.
Amrutha : Aiyo...what happened? Was she ill or something?


Shruthi: Nope. She was as fit as a fiddle. She was a healthy lady. Goes for a walk everyday in the morning, does her household chores all by herself. She developed a sudden heart ache I believe. She was watching a TV serial when she suddenly collapsed.

Amrutha: Thats really sad. Hmm...I guess life is getting too unpredictable these days.

Shruthi: You are right. I like the kinda life which grandparents lead.
Amrutha: yeah, thats correct. Happy and Contended life.

Shruthi: There is something seriously missing in today's life.
Amrutha: I second you. I feel a big hollow in my life these days. not sure its the of the weather thats making me feel that way

Shruthi (laughs): Yeah yeah I know.
Amrutha(imitating): "Yeah yeah I know". Why are you laughing you lilly silly?

Shruthi: Nothing. thought I should fill the hollow with something that will soothe your heart?Amrutha (smiling): You mean a Maddy Flick or Maddy himself?

Shruthi: Hmm...Aasai Dosai Appalam Vadai ! Hey Look...

Shruthi points at the hoarding at the street corner.

"Ramji Londonwaley"

Amrutha: Hey...thats a new Maddy flick. Can we watch it tonight?
Shruthi: We can. Whats the time now?

She looks at the watch

Amrutha: 8.10 dhaan aagudhu.

Shruthi: What about your potato curry plans?
Amrutha: We could have them tom or during the weekend. Lets eat some burger or sandwich.

Shruthi: Oh no ! I had sandwich for my lunch. Dont want to have it again for dinner.
Amrutha: Lets have burger then. We can pick them up from KFC.

Shruthi: Okies Dokies, I am game. I guess we both need a break.
Amrutha(laughs): A MAD BREAK!

Shruthi: Chalo, lets take a RICK.....
Amrutha (loudly): AUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


The characters in the above conversation are NOT fictionary. Any resemblance to my friend Shanmuga Priya (Priya) and me is purely NOT imaginary or co-incidental.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...MAD breakaa??? nadathu nadathu..PARTHA please take care!!!!

Anaalum evalovu DECENTa paesuveenganu nenaikala...public domainla decency maintain panrathu nalathuthaan:-) Hmm anush vettiya irrukum boathu neriya blog pannu saema bore innga bangyla!

Keep bloggin!
-Jap

November 29, 2005 9:26 PM  
Blogger Boopathy Srinivasan said...

hey anusha..
blog panna arambichityaa ?
gud..
neku oka doubtu ..
andha boss characteroda original peru enna ?

December 01, 2005 5:58 AM  
Blogger Boopathy Srinivasan said...

apram en blog visit pannu..
ok ?

December 01, 2005 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?