Thursday, December 01, 2005

Yen dee Meera...

I often get reminiscent of the poems which my mom used to compose instantly to put me to sleep, soothe me while crying etc when I was a child. Since some of you like poems, I would like to say that I have got this poetry writing talent from my mom...

I would like to post couple of them as and when I remember. One of them goes this way...

Yen dee Meera Un kooda doodee
Delhi Paatti vaangina maalai nekku kaamichiyaa
Podee Meera, Unkooda dodee

Translation of the poem for non-tamil folks

(Hey Meera, I am upset with you)
(Did you show me the chain which your granny from delhi got you?)
(Go Meera, I wont talk to you)

My mom used to recite this in the first person with me being the first person

Looks like there used to be a gal like Meera who stayed opposite to my granny's home in Chennai. She was 2 years older than me and used to come and play with me. Looks like she had a granny from Delhi who had got her a new chain or something like that.

The meaning of the poem was that I am offended with Meera because she did not show me the chain which her Delhi granny got her.

It might sound silly to couple of you folks but I wanted to post the same hoping that my gets a chance to read this too.

I am sure all of you would have had similar experiences with mom, dad, siblings etc and I am also sure that it makes me feel really nice whenever we think about all those cherishable incidents...

cheers
AnUsHa

PS: Meera is married now and settled in Bangalore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Boopathy Srinivasan said...

hi anusha!!!..
posted a comment in the prev posts..
i thot ur mom has penned some meera bhajan..
apram paartha ..
doodee poodeenu ore comedy..
enna idhu sinnapulla thanamaa
:)

December 02, 2005 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I love Doing ARTS and CRAFTS but somehow do not want to do it.


Which HP Kid Are You?